compassion care team
see how far your heart can reach
make a difference
Consider a role as a member of The Luke Commission Kids’ Club. TLC Kids’ Clubs (TLCKC) exists to develop connections between North American school age children and their Swazi counterparts for purposes of providing support and encouragement to Swazi schoolchildren, their teachers and families, In addition, TLCKC allows kids to participate in TLC’s ministry tangibly through communication with and support of Swazi schools. Your school or Sunday School class may choose from these fund raising ideas:
1. Walk/Hike/Bike/Skate/ etc A Mile For A Smile - Host a “walk/hike/bike/dribble/shoot-athon”. Recruit sponsors to donate $$ per minute/mile/hour of activity and help put a smile on a Swazi school kid’s face! Great for sports teams or the athletically inclined group.
2. Gear 2 Go - Sell or purchase TLC merchandise. Portion of proceeds go to TLC School outreach.
3. Coffee Sales - Sell TLC Blend coffee with $5 per bag being sent to The Luke Commission.
4. Coins 4 Kids - Sponsor members can collect change for purchasing TLC catalog items
5. Urgent Needs - Sponsor Group Adopts an item off of our Urgent Needs List.
First Aid Supplies – bandages, tape, gauze, antibiotic ointment
Medical Supplies – catheters, sutures, syringes, gloves, surgical bandages
Hospital Supplies – hospital linens, drapes, scrubs, patient gowns, bedding, towels, washcloths, blankets
Mobilization Devices – walkers, crutches, canes, wheelchairs
Personal Care Supplies – shampoo, soap, lotions, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant
School Supplies – notebooks, paper, pencils, books, folders, envelopes, backpacks
Cleaning Supplies – soap, bleach, laundry supplies, all purpose cleaners, towels, sponges
New Clothing – for men, women, children and infants
Gently Used Shoes – for men, women, children and infants
View our full list of needs here. For information on specific needs and shipping dates, please contact us.
Yes. Opportunities for North American volunteers are available and include:
Logistics – Collecting, inventorying and preparing supplies for shipment at one of our US-based logistics centers is a critical part of the TLC’s work. For more information contact us.
Events – Each year TLC conducts fund raising events, currently one in Ohio and one in Idaho.
Ministry Promotion – TLC can always benefit from the help of volunteers in getting the word out to churches, Bible studies, civic groups, colleges and other organizations.
Your talent and abilities – If you have a special talent or area of professional expertise and would like to lend your efforts to aid TLC, please contact us
Review our Get Involved page for further opportunities
1. Forward them the link to our website: www.lukecommission.org
2. Get on our E-news list and receive regular Lighting The Path updates. Print these out to share at your group and encourage others to sign up.
3. TLC has a kit of materials, including a DVD, that you can share in your small group or with the Missions coordinator at your church. For more information email us.
4. Request a TLC Poster and place on your church’s bulletin board.
5. Request a TLC presentation to your church. The VanderWals may be able to schedule a presentation while in the US, or one of our TLC team members may be available. Contact us.
Step 1 - You decide how to make a difference by clicking on "Donate" now. Give a one-time gift, or choose a monthly recurring gift (sign up for the Compassion Care Team with your commitment of $25 or more per month).
Step 2 - The Luke Commission sends you a tax deductible receipt as allowed by law at the end of each year.
Step 3 - The Luke Commission keeps you informed of ministry progress through periodic ministry progress reports and web updates.
Stock or Securities Donations Partners who wish to make a donation in the form of marketable stocks or securities may do so through our partnership with The Dayton Foundation in Dayton, Ohio. Please let Steve Dilts, TLC Director of Advancement know about your desire by e-mail. See Dayton Foundation information below:
The Dayton Foundation
Acct Name & #: The Luke Commission Medical Missions Fund 
Contact: Sandy Payne, Donor Services Associate
500 Kettering Tower Dayton, OH 45423
Direct Dial: (937) 225-9946 Planned
Giving - Planned, or deferred gifts can provide significant benefits to you and your loved ones now and in the future, while offering financial support for The Luke Commission and its outreaches for generations to come. Typical estate gifts include life insurance, retirement assets and bequests. However, a planned gift could also be a way for a donor with non-liquid assets to make a gift today. To begin a conversation about how you may help The Luke Commission with an estate or planned gift, please email our Director of Advancement, Steve Dilts, or call 866-351-1254.
The Luke Commission does not provide tax, legal, or financial advice. We strongly encourage donors to seek counsel from their own legal and financial advisors for all legal and tax aspects pertaining to the structure of their gifts.